The successful candidate should have the ability to generate construction documents using AutoCAD and Revit software from marked-up prints, engineering notes, and/or verbal instructions.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Read, manage, layout, and understand architectural/engineering blueprints.
- Prepare preliminary design concepts under the direction of the project manager and engineers.
- Set up views and sheets in a model prior to the design team working on a project.
- Produce MEP drawings for Permitting, Bidding and Construction.
- Consult with engineering/originator for approval of basic concepts. Exercise independent judgment in selecting and interpreting data based on knowledge of the design intent.
- Resolve discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information and conferring with the project manager and design team.
- Ensure drawing accuracy and clarity.
- Print, scan, & document transmission.
- Coordinate drawing revisions and archive files as required during construction and project close out.
- Attend job coordination meetings.
- Highly proficient in the use of AutoCAD 2020 or higher.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at various stages of design and construction.
- Ability to meet fast-paced deadlines while maintaining quality design.
- Experience with REVIT is a plus.