ELECTRICAL DESIGNER ENGINEER
The Electrical Design Engineer will be responsible for the complete performance of electrical engineering tasks by designing and drafting, performing load calculations and sizing equipment for a variety of residential and commercial projects including new buildings and/or renovations and additions to existing facilities. Under the direction of the Project Manager, the Electrical Design Engineer will actively participate in many phases of a project, including but not limited to: RFI/RFP preparation, site investigations, CAD production, design and contract documents, basic specifications, and the construction administration process.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Responsible for those design tasks assigned, and for the quality of work in developing final construction documents from established concept designs or Design Development drawings.
- Participate in client meetings. Maintain positive client relationships.
- Prepare conceptual designs based on client’s requirements.
- Prioritize and schedule assignments with Project Manager to complete projects on time.
- Interface with other disciplines within the MEP team for coordination of project designs.
- Prepare preliminary design layouts for estimating.
- Perform site inspections to determine compliance with construction documents and resolve design issues during the construction phase.
- Responsible for Code Compliance.
- Mentor and train Electrical Engineering interns.
- Engineering tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lighting and power circuitry
- Voltage calculations and conductor / raceway sizing
- Short circuit calculations
- Interior & exterior lighting layouts, fixture specifications, schedules and calculations
- Low voltage lighting controls
- Electrical distribution design and single line preparation
- Utility coordination
- Fire alarm system design layout & calculations
- Low voltage system layouts including data, communications, sound, and security
- Emergency and life safety systems
- Energy code analyses
- Preparation of specifications / bid evaluations
- Local and Regional Building Code review and compliance
- Design drafting of construction documents using AutoCAD/Revit
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or related engineering field.
- 3-5 years’ experience in the Architectural/Construction Engineering field.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
- Solid knowledge of the National Electrical Code and related building and energy codes.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at various stages of design and construction.
- Ability to meet fast-paced deadlines while maintaining quality design.
- Highly proficient in the use of AutoCAD and or REVIT/BIM.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for technical and layperson audiences.
- LEED Accreditation is a plus.
- PE eligibility is a plus.