The successful candidate should have the ability to provide electrical design support services on a variety of residential and commercial projects for new buildings, and for renovations and additions to existing facilities. Under the direction of the Project Manager, the Electrical Designer will actively participate in many phases of a project, including but not limited to: RFI/RFP preparation, site investigations, CAD production, design and contract documents, basic specifications, and the construction administration process.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Developing final construction documents from established concept designs or design development drawings.
- Participating in client meetings & maintaining positive client relationships.
- Preparing conceptual designs based on client’s requirements.
- Prioritizing and scheduling assignments with Project Manager to complete projects on time.
- Interfacing with other disciplines within the MEP team for coordination of project designs.
- Preparing preliminary (redline) design layouts for estimating.
- Developing calculations for projects, such as load calculations, voltage drop calculations, short circuit calculations, etc.
- Conducting site inspections to determine compliance with construction documents and resolve design issues during the construction phase.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
- Solid knowledge of the National Electrical Code and related building and energy codes.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at various stages of design and construction.
- Ability to meet fast-paced deadlines while maintaining quality design.
- Highly proficient in the use of AutoCAD.
- Experience with REVIT is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- LEED Accreditation is a plus.