The successful candidate should have the ability to provide mechanical (HVAC) design support services on a variety of residential and commercial projects for new buildings, and for renovations and additions to existing facilities. Under the direction of the Project Manager, the Mechanical Designer will actively participate in many phases of a project, including but not limited to: load & energy calculations, CAD production, design documents, basic specifications, and the construction administration process.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Developing final construction documents from established concept designs or design development drawings.
- Participating in client meetings & maintaining positive client relationships.
- Preparing conceptual designs based on client’s requirements.
- Prioritizing and scheduling assignments with Project Manager to complete projects on time.
- Interfacing with other disciplines within the MEP team for coordination of project designs.
- Preparing preliminary (redline) design layouts for estimating.
- Performing deliverables and products such as calculations, drawings, and specifications related to heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning systems.
- Developing calculations for projects, such as heating/cooling loads, equipment selection & sizing, pipe and duct sizing, friction loss calculations, etc.
- Conducting site inspections to determine compliance with construction documents and resolving design issues during the construction phase.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
- Solid knowledge of building & mechanical codes and energy compliance calculations in HVAC construction.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at various stages of design and construction.
- Ability to meet fast-paced deadlines while maintaining quality design.
- Highly proficient in the use of AutoCAD and engineering modeling tools such as TRANE Software, E20 Engineering Software, HAP, and Florida EnergyGauge Software.
- Experience with REVIT is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- LEED Accreditation is a plus.