The successful candidate should have the ability to provide plumbing design support services on a variety of residential and commercial projects including new buildings and/or renovations and additions to existing facilities. Under the direction of the Project Manager, the Plumbing Design Engineer will actively participate in many phases of a project, including but not limited to: RFI/RFP preparation, site investigations, CAD production, design and contract documents, basic specifications, and the construction administration process.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Developing final construction documents from established concept designs or design development drawings.
- Participating in client meetings & maintaining positive client relationships.
- Preparing conceptual designs based on client’s requirements.
- Prioritizing and scheduling assignments with Project Manager to complete projects on time.
- Interfacing with other disciplines within the MEP team for coordination of project designs.
- Preparing preliminary (redline) design layouts for estimating.
- Engineering tasks include, but are not limited to compressed air system design, domestic water system design, natural and propane gas system design, storm water system design and vacuum piping design.
- Conducting site inspections to determine compliance with construction documents and resolve design issues during the construction phase.
- Associate degree in Mechanical Engineering / Environment Engineering or Construction Management. B.S. degree preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
- Excellent understanding of Engineering fundamentals.
- Knowledge of basic fire protection systems.
- Strong plumbing design capability in high-end residential, commercial or related markets.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at various stages of design and construction.
- Ability to meet fast-paced deadlines while maintaining quality design.
- Highly proficient in the use of AutoCAD and engineering modeling tools such as TRANE Software.
- Experience with REVIT is a plus.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- LEED Accreditation is a plus.